Library Media Center (LMC)
Hours: Monday, 7:30 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday, 8:45 am - 3:30 pm
Wednesday - Friday, 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Rev. Martin J. O’Neill, O.S.A. was a former teacher and headmaster at Cascia Hall. He is remembered for his commitment to education and dedication to preparing students to live successful and peaceful lives. The Library Media Center (LMC) was built and dedicated in 1991 in his memory.
The LMC maintains extended hours on Monday evenings (until 8:00 p.m.) for late-night library.
- The online-catalog is available at school and 24 hours a day.
- The college level research links to Academic Databases are available at school and online 24 hours a day.
- The LMS provides personal consultation with seniors regarding research techniques and strategies for graduation thesis, including one-on-one interviews and help with interlibrary loan access. (The entire first period of the 4th quarter is dedicated to seniors working on their college-level research thesis.)
- Reference materials and electronic equipment are available for overnight check-out.
- Interlibrary loan services are available to students, faculty, and LMC patrons. Over one hundred interlibrary loans are arranged each school year. Interlibrary loans provide access to university libraries for seniors working on their senior thesis.
- LMC staff provides orientation to student library research and specific classroom assignments for every grade level.
- LMS provides support and assists faculty in planning and preparation for classroom instruction.
- LMC Director is a National Board Certified Teacher whose collaboration portfolio set the standard for scoring on all NBCT portfolios nationally.
- The LMC maintains a student swap shelf where free recycled books are available for personal reading.
- The LMC maintains a collection of award-winning young adult books, including the Newbery Award and Honor winners, Sequoyah Masterlist and Award winners, (Young Adult and High School) Coretta Scott King and the Michael L. Printz Excellence in Young Adult Literature Award winners.
- The John F. Kennedy Collection, donated by Cascia Hall Alumni Ray H. Siegfried II, is a treasured resource of the Cascia Hall LMC. This fabulous compilation includes historical magazines, the Warren Commission report, Cuban Missile Crisis documents, and Kennedy family portraits and biographies.
- A donated artwork collection includes Lladro porcelain figurines, sculptures, historical Cascia Hall photographs, and Picturing America collectables.
- The LMC houses historical yearbooks and archives which include Cascia Hall memorabilia and artifacts from 1926.
See Academic Services for more information.