Cascia Hall Preparatory School was founded in 1926 by the Order of St. Augustine. Originally, the school was a day school and boarding school for young men in grades 7 – 12. In 1986, to adapt to the changing needs of the local community, Cascia Hall became a co-educational day school for students in grades 6-12.
The school is still owned and operated by the Augustinians at its original 40-acre campus in Midtown Tulsa. Cascia Hall opened its doors to a total of 25 students in August, 1926, and six young men comprised its first graduating class in 1929. Today, the total enrollment is closer to 545 with graduating classes around 85-90 young men and women.
The first structures on campus included the 1926 classroom building (with the tower entrance) and the monastery which housed the boarders on the third floor. Today, the campus facilities include three additional classroom buildings, a Library Media Center, dining hall/activities center, performing arts center, and chapel. The extensive athletic facilities include a stadium and eight-lane track, two gymnasiums, a strength and fitness center, eight locker rooms, eight tennis courts, a baseball field, wrestling/cheer building, and all-purpose field.
Over the last 90 plus years, more than 100 Augustinian priests and brothers have served at Cascia Hall as administrators, faculty, and coaches. They have helped prepare thousands of students for college and for life with challenging academics, enriching activities, and spiritual direction. There is a long list of successful alumni who have excelled in every walk of life, leading commendable and rewarding lives directly related to the education and inspiration received at Cascia Hall.