Arriving at School: Buildings open at 7:00 am. Students will use the following entrances:
6th & 7th grades - MS main entrance
8th grade - MS gym ramp*
9th & 10th grades - US main entrance
11th & 12th grades - US ramp to gym lobby
*This entrance will not open until 7:20 am. All 8th graders please use the MS main entrance from 7:00 am to 7:20 am.
Temperature checks: Everyone arriving at school will have their temperature taken. Students will be sent to a specific location until classrooms open at 7:45 am. If they have a temperature above 100.3º we will require that a parent come pick them up. Students with a car may drive themselves home, if it is deemed safe for them to do so, and an email will be sent to their parents.
Masks and Physical Distancing: Masks will be worn in all common areas, including classrooms, and when six feet of physical distancing cannot be maintained. Face shields are also acceptable but are to be worn in addition to and not in place of a mask. Students will be expected to maintain six feet of physical distance throughout the school whenever possible. When this is not possible the wearing of masks is critically important.
Backpacks and Lockers: Students will not be using lockers during this period. Backpacks will be used instead to maintain physical distancing and reduce the potential risk for the spread of the virus.
Passing Periods: We ask that all students wear masks when in the hallways and go straight to their next hour. There will be no need to loiter or linger in the hallways.
Dining Hall: Dining services will continue during the regular schedule or students can bring their own lunch if they choose. In order to ensure safety while still providing opportunities to eat together as a community the following guidelines will be adhered to:
Athletics and Activities: We understand that athletics and activities are an essential part of our holistic Augustinian education. To that end, athletics and other school activities will continue during Scenario A when all appropriate health and safety protocols can be adhered to. For more information, please read Cascia Hall's Indoor Athletics Covid Procedures and All Sports Pass information.
- Students will wear a mask when coming into the dining hall and will keep their masks on until they are seated.
- Students will sit with no more than four at a table. Additional seating will be provided in the gym lobby area and outside (weather permitting) so that all students may eat while safely distanced during this time.
- Students will line up to be served maintaining a six foot distance when at all possible. An additional food service area will be provided for snacks and prepackaged items at the concessions area of the gym lobby in order to reduce/minimize congregation.
- Areas that would be considered “high touch” will be wiped down/sprayed between uses.
- When students leave the dining area after eating they will wear their masks again.
- Our catering staff will be observing CDC and THD for food preparation.